CudiMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good application

Go down

A good application Empty A good application

Post  Chicken Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 pm

I added a couple extra questions to help describe myself and my past experiences by the way

Name:
Braedon Harris

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I am 16 years old, I will be turning 17 in august

Timezone:
GMT -6:00 But I am active and online at ANY given time, day OR night.

Past exprience ( Show SS ) -
A good application Maplestory2011-03-3011-07-28-39
Please, ignore the chat.

How many times have you been GM?

In total? Exactly .... let me count:
1. DoonlaMS - Level 5 About 1 week then nate shut it down
2. NirohMS - Level 3 and level 4 About 2 and a half months
3. BluuMS - Level 3 and level 4 About 2 weeks then it shut down
4. GenMS - Level 6 (co owner) About 3 weeks

so 4 times total.

How long have you been playing this server?
I was a beta tester here , so around 3 weeks.

Are you currently a GameMaster on another server?

Not anymore no. I just recently quit my co-owner position on another server

What do you know about our server?

Uhm..... nothing special I can think about off the top of my head...
Feel free to ask me a question though

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths: Leading, Helping people to the best of my ability when needed, strong will to make this server better and help it flourish

Give us an example of when you worked as part of a team:

I do not immediately remember a time when i worked as a team except during an event

Give us an example of how you handled a conflict with a fellow co worker/team member/friend:

Once upon a time, in a server far, far away; I was having a conflict with my co-worker, she was dis-respecting me and treating me and my other staff like dirt even though she was below me (i was co owner at the time)
Me and another member of my staff took the situation to our owner and she blew up at him for demoting her, and she was therefore fired. (for a week or so until she cooled down she needed a break)
Although this was the worst fight i have been involved in, i`m glad she was nto fired permanently and I am also glad the situation was resolved in a good manner

Why are you applying to be GM?

I am deciding to submit an application for gm because I love this server, i acknowledge we need a GM, Plus an addition I will add is I love to help people, in ANY way/shape/form, I am also not afraid to say "No" to people when they ask for an item/mesos/levelling.

Describe a significant achievement in your life:
Finishing grade 11 I never though I would finish as my grades were dropping, and dropping PLUS I have insomnia which made it another step harder to function. As well as air cadets which I am getting my pilot`s license this summer.

Describe a time when you had to speak/instruct to a group of people:
The only time I had to do that was during events, which I am also very good at hosting, because of my people speaking skills I learned in air cadets (i know it sounds stupid by the way but it did teach me useful tips when giving speeches

Tell me about your ability to work under pressure:

Back on NirohMS v83 and 88 I had to surf through 2 servers, 2 different versions, which each server had over 100 people on, which was very stressful and annoying but the job was done well.

Would you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Explain:
Half leader, half follower.
I do like to lead a lot as I enjoy it and it gives me satisfaction for the day but sometimes I just tend to go with the flow as well. But overall I enjoy leading more than following.

Tell us about a time when you helped resolve a fight between 2 or more people:
Surprisingly I have not yet been called to resolve a fight nor have witnessed one to date

Please list your areas of higher-proficiency, special skills or other items that may contribute to your abilities in performing as a Game Master.
None that I can really remember off the top of my head except hosting events, and finding abusers of the game. I manually search through the players one by one to ensure nobody is abusing in any way/shape/form

Write yourself a question and answer it here:
What can you do for us?

I can help this community grow as a whole, keep it clean from hackers/abusers
I can help give this server a good reputation and help people with any problems that they have on xat or in game.

Chicken

Back to top Go down

A good application Empty Re: A good application

Post  Chicken Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Your name
Timmy Tim Tim

Your IGN
Nigel

How long have you been playing this server
Since the beta opening, 7/1

Where do you live (country) and its timezone
US of A, Eastern Standard Time

How many hours are you able to dedicate to Prodigy
On average about 6+ hours a day, most of which are spent during night hours, at least by EST times. But usually 6 or more hours is easily possible. I may miss an occasional day or two.

Are you currently a GameMaster on another server
I am not, nor am I applied for a position in any other server.

What do you know about our server
I know Prodigy just came into Beta and is already starting to grow. It's population is quickly picking up as the server is becoming more well known and newcomers are staying because they're liking what the server has to offer. The server already has a good base community filled with fun people who are always open to others which provides a good foundation for future growth. I know it has a very experienced team of staff working behind the scenes and that knows what they're doing and how to do it. They're constantly doing their best hosting events, fixing issues (like server crashes Wink ) and more.

What are your strengths and weaknesses
My strengths would be good problem solving, a good sense of whats right and whats wrong, the ability to work well with others, knowing what my limits are, being very empathetic, being very honest and also being very welcoming.
My weaknesses might be being too harsh/not generous enough and a short patience for ignorance.

Give us an example of when you worked as part of a team
This may be a bit nerdy, but bare with me. Back about a year ago my friends and I decided to make one of those typical Call of Duty game battle squads. And as typical as any other, we sucked at first. Out of the first three matches, we lost.... three of them. But over the next month we all decided to get serious about it. We all chose positions for different game types. I was a defender usually. Each position would practice to their specific needs and then we'd do a scrimmage and face eachother. Over that month we all practiced hard, sometimes for many hours a day all pulling our weight. But when that first game battle came we were almost unstoppable. With the quickest flag capturer, and best defensemen we formed quite the team. Together we were able to accomplish what our friends said was almost impossible.

Give us an example of how you handled a conflict with a fellow co worker/team member/friend
I can recall numerous examples of conlficts within a team but one strikes me the most and brings me back to the good old days of Algebra class! We were assigned an in-class project (something to do with counting paperclips...) in randomly assigned groups of three. I remember the other two people in my group would just not get along. Usually, they were very smart but in their blind anger towards eachother I could see them both making mistakes and just doing overall sloppy work. I pointed it out to them and told them how meaningless their fighting was. I'm not going to say they instantly made up, shook hands and were the best of friends but they realized that the project needed to be done and they focused on their work instead of their relations. I pulled a lot of the leftover weight (from their mistakes and etc.) and we finished it all on time.

Describe a significant achievement in your life
I'm a very outgoing high school student I would like to think (and with a good sense of humor) so when the opportunity for a speech contest occurred I immediately jumped on it. I sat down for hours reading other funny speeches, looking for inspiration and writing. The theme of the speech had to be "challenges." So I wrote about a challenge to get a six pack. It was very funny. After a nerve racking 3 minutes I was declared winner of my class and the next step was to present in front of the entire freshman class. But, it went perfectly. The scores were announced and I was extremely nervous. Third: (insert random girl's name here) Second: (insert my name here) First: (insert random guy's name here). Second. Not bad. Overall it was quite the achievement to come in second, out of a class of 650. But next year I'm going for first.

Describe a time when you had to speak/instruct to a group of peopleEvery year my parents host the biggest party I've ever been to. Usually around 150 family members, friends and also business partners arrive to join in the festivities. And I am put in charge of the games. Usually the planning part is easy, but the executing can be a hassle. Rounding up the people who want to play out of 150 is not an easy task but I've learned to do it over the years. Once gathered, I explain the instructions. I tell them loud, clear and slowly to make sure everybody gets how it goes and then they are released. As one of my pet peeves, I make sure during my instructions there are minimal interruptions or "side conversations" so everybody can hear. But overall it's a fun day.

Tell me about your ability to work under pressure
Usually, I thrive under pressure. I've seen this with many school projects or in particularly demanding school work. An example would be when I took my geometry final. I was period six, and almost all of the periods beforehand said it was extremely hard and took forever to finish. 85 questions to be completed in two hours, and these weren't simple questions. I began the test at a pretty slow pace but when one hour was over and I was only 30 questions in the pressure was on and I began to race. I passed it in five minutes before time was up and got an A- on it. A lot better than others who only got to questions in the mid 50's or 60's.

Would you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Explain
I would consider myself a mixture. I believe life requires a little leading and a little following. When I have the opportunity to, I will take command and always try to the best that I can in leading whatever position. And when maybe I'm venturing into unknown boundaries I might follow what others are doing to first get the hang of it instead of blindly doing my own thing. I hope this thinking isn't too abstract.

Tell us about a time when you helped resolve a fight between 2 or more people
I believe that there almost always can be solved by compromise. I remember a certain incident where two of my friends were arguing as to which elective to take next year together. One of them wanted to take a class that studied movies and the other wanted to take a guitar learning class. This feud went on for about two weeks and was only getting worse, so I decided to intervene. Since neither of them would go with the other, I took a look at next year's classes to see if there was something else they could do together. I suggested that they could both do their own classes, but also join the school band together, knowing that they were both very musical. They agreed upon it and after some schedule shuffling it was official.

Why should we hire you
You should hire me because I have had past experience with being apart of a team of staff in previous private servers and I know plenty of ways to help this server and make it even better. I've probably played over 10 servers over the past four years and I hate seeing almost every one of them turn into a desolate wasteland due to lack of originality, a bad community or the worst, an ignorant staff. But this server doesn't have any of those things and the future looks extremely bright and I believe having me on the staff would only make it better. I've got a lot of time to spend this summer and I'd love to use it as a GM helping improve the server.

Please list your areas of higher-proficiency, special skills or other items that may contribute to your abilities in performing as a Game Master
Aside from having past experience as a GM I always have picked up a decent amount of scripting over the few years of my playing. Now I'm not talking about a full on position, but it could be useful in helping lessen the workload or creating new original NPCs that would attract a lot of attention. To enhance my abilities as a GM, I have handbook in which I can easily and quickly look up such things as map, item or skill ID's and I also know where to find information I need in case I don't know.

Write yourself a question and answer it here
As I was writing the bulk of my application I noticed that I didn't see a question which I think can be very important in the application process.
Why do you want to be a GM?
There is a plethera of reasons I would love to be a GM, but none of them are "for free stuff" or "to be able to ban whoever I want haha." No. I want to be a GM in ProdigyMS because I believe this is a server with true potential. I hate joining servers with 5-6 average users and then seeing them die off and the server shut down. Hate it. I want this server to live and by me being a GM, I think I could help. Getting rid of abusers, attracting more population and just having fun with the community are all simple ways to keep a server strong and they are all my qualities of mine. To be apart of the staff and watching the community grow to over 300 people would be a dream, a lot better than sitting in an empty server stalking three different people in hide.

~And with that I conclude my GM application. I hope you enjoyed it, and was able to finish it ;What. Only now am I realizing how long it is. But I actually had a fun time writing it, remembering the good times. Accept it or not, I hope to be apart of the ProdigyMS community in the future.

Chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Chicken Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Your name:
Lauraliz, 16

Your IGN:
MmLovee

How long have you been playing this server?
I've been playing this server I believe since the first day it got out of beta O: So... for about 2 weeks or so.

Where do you live (country) and its timezone?
California, United States. GMT -8:00.

How many hours are you able to dedicate to Prodigy?
I usually play ProdigyMS for several hours a day because it's summer. Smile The hours depend on how busy I am that day, but usually afternoons and nights.

Are you currently a GameMaster on another server?
No, I am not. I only play ProdigyMS.

What do you know about our server?
I know the server has been open for more than a few weeks now, just getting out of beta 2 weeks ago. Each and every day I'm on there is a number of new members logging on and progressing, making new friends along the way. The community has been growing since the first day and many of the people I know on the server are constantly inviting friends to join them. I know the owner, and the GM's (or resigned), constantly check on the server and make sure no mishap is occurring.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
My strengths include friendliness and loyalty. I've made plenty of friends on this server and I'm always welcome to new people and willing to help new members of the community! I play this server and only this one and play it whenever I'm free. I honestly believe that this server may be the best server I've played yet, knowing I relatively play on smaller servers. But even though its growing, I'm still not leaving. My weaknesses include impatience and irritability. I tend to move forward too quickly and not wait and can get very irritable if annoyed.

Give us an example of when you worked as part of a team:
One of the biggest impacts of my life is Renaissance (sort of like ASB). Renaissance is an association at my school in regards to recognizing students and teachers for their efforts on campus. Individually, the class is meant to teach us how to grow as leaders, but within the class we have our own certain committees. Our committee is always working to come up with new ideas for fundraisers and ways to make money to fund the class and we always cooperate with each other to make the most effective results.

Give us an example of how you handled a conflict with a fellow co worker/team
member/friend:
One day in Renaissance, our school was going to have the end of the year rally, and our committee got into a small argument regarding what should go on our backdrop. Regarding my irritability, I got tired of my committee members disregarding my ideas and putting them off, so we all worked in complete silence until I left. However, when I got home, I felt terrible about what had happened and texted my 3 committee members a long text apologizing for my immature behavior. We all had a talk and soon enough we were back to normal with new and improved ideas, joking around and making fun of each other. :3

Describe a significant achievement in your life:
Honestly, one of the best achievements in my life is my Junior year in high school. I joined Renaissance, got into the show choir at my school, and was top 30 in my class of 700 students. I had so much fun this year and am so glad I got the chance to meet new people and it really changed my life and personality.

Describe a time when you had to speak/instruct to a group of people:
In summer school, our class for Economics constantly had debates and had people argue over our imaginary federal budget. Even though the situation wasn't real, people still got heated up over it. I happened to be sitting in the CIA section (meant to create peace between 2 different "regions" in the classroom). My whole group didn't like talking except for me and my friend, so together we calmed down all heated arguments and helped our team complete the work during the debate. We also came up with the decisions as a group for the budget, me and my friend working together as leaders.

Tell me about your ability to work under pressure:
When I'm under pressure, I tend to work faster and try to do my best to make it efficient as well. I get the main point of the task done and even though it may be a challenge, I try my best to make it as good as it gets. However, when I work under pressure, I constantly go back and check that I make NO mistake so the work is still perfect. :3

Would you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Explain:
I would definitely consider myself a leader. However, being a leader isn't always a good thing. I do have the ability to instruct a group and give advice on what to do and how they should approach a task, but always being the boss isn't a great thing. No one person will always need to be a leader. Everyone has someone they have to listen to and trust in their decisions, rather than doing everything on your own. Leading and following are both qualities that I possess.

Tell us about a time when you helped resolve a fight between 2 or more people:
For rallies, ASB and Renaissance always have meetings to decide the theme. One time, our groups were arguing over the themes of an Aztec Temple and a jungle theme. Me and my friends were saying how both of these themes could possibly intertwine, and we made a compromise. We said that the theme should be like Indiana Jones, with the temple, and a jungle outside, with vines, trees, and anything else for backdrops. Compromises and the combination of great ideas never fail. Very Happy

Why should we hire you?
I think the staff should hire me because I've been active on the server since I started playing and know many people on the server. I'm friendly and try to help anyone that asks questions! In addition, I know a lot about the server because I actually explore and read the NPCs. Razz. Although I only have one prior GM experience, I feel that I have more to offer and potential to become even greater.

Please list your areas of higher-proficiency, special skills or other items that may
contribute to your abilities in performing as a Game Master.
I'm more of the helpful person, one that is willing to help people and assist them. I try my best to stay on task, but have fun at the same time. Smile I'm good at multi-tasking. In addition, I can make videos--they may not be as pro as the MMV's you see online or anything, but I can make a decent looking video that can attract people to the server. Then again, it doesn't need any editing skills to make it better because the server's quality and content is great enough. :3
Here is some of my work! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DvvNIlXkww

Write yourself a question and answer it here:
What do you have to offer personally to the server (not just as a GM)?
Personally, I have the will to talk to others and be friendly. I like making new friends and try to talk to everyone. I'm very eccentric and loud and particularly talkative, but I know when the time is right to be all of those things, and when it is not. I enjoy talking to others and having fun, random conversations. Very Happy

Chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Chicken Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:52 pm

I admit these are pretty long, but this shows that you want the job and your willingly to sometimes work hard on a dumb old application to get the job. Shows effort, strive, creativity, a inside on the persons life. By now i've almost read all of your shit applications and I still didn't know one damn thing about you. Please use these as a reference to a good application.

Chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Chicken Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 pm

bump.

Chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down